Built in 1970 with a unique design to serve the needs of today’s children, Montessori Children’s House of North Barrington (MCHNB) is nestled among the rolling hills of the northwest suburbs, where children enjoy a park-like 3-acre campus with educational programs serving children from birth through age six.
At MCHNB, our experienced and dedicated staff helps the child develop an awareness of himself and the world around him. MCHNB students enjoy learning about nature, exploring music, developing their dexterity and coordination through physical activity and exercising their creativity through experiences in art. The child works and learns in an atmosphere of balanced independence and structure within a mixed-age group setting.
Additionally, MCHNB is a lab school of the Seton Montessori Institute, one of the largest Montessori teacher education programs in North America. As a result, the children are exposed to the most current and progressive teaching methods in an authentic Montessori classroom.
Accreditations, Affiliations and Memberships
- American Montessori Society (AMS)—Fully Accredited AMS School
- Accredited by the American Camp Association for our Summer Camp
- Member School of the Association of Illinois Montessori Schools
- Accredited by the National Council for Private School Accreditation
- Certified as a bird friendly habitat and wildlife habitat by the National Wildlife Federation
- MCHNB is a Lab School of Seton Montessori Institute and is Affiliated with Montessori Education Centers Associated